Monday, September 29, 2008

Yeah it's time......



Many of you will never understand what the world was like at a time when the only option you understood was the option at your fingertips. It can be so easy to take the judgement of a man and stand above him in a glass house peering through with scrutiny. You see sometimes the profit you seek does not wear white linens and speak in parables. His path may not be straight and narrow. He travels blind and can only see what has been shown to him yet it does not mean he can't learn to see.

Emory Jones is a brother to me. I understood him growing up and saw the true "E" for who he was, not what he was supposed to be. We all have one. A family member or friend that had all the tools but never learned how to show the world that they could use them. So they used them the best way they knew how. I have no need to defend or justify his actions or decisions because it is not my role. I just believe he should be free.

This is to riding to school and listening to my mixtapes in the Sundance

This is to bringing the Nike AirForce 1 years before the world heard it in a song

This is to seeing you in Waugh Church

This is to growing up in Hip Hop together

This is to kicking it when you didn't have to

This is for always shouting me out as "REV" before there was a "Rev"

This is to Mr. Sydnor's math class

This is for not getting mad when I ruined a pair of your jeans with my artistic designs

This is for always keeping me clear of trouble when you knew I didn't belong

This is to trashing the Elite 250 scooter on the trail over by St. Clair

This is to being one of filthiest FullBacks that never really focused on it

This is for always believing in me

This is for you

You are already free....They just need to open the door and let you out..


2 comments:

Jaye said...

I agree fully...this is beautiful. I'm defly getting a T-Shirt.

Buns

Anonymous said...

signed the petition. good luck!

Labels