Friday, February 27, 2009

The one that didn't get away!!! A possible new world record??




What you are looking at is what my be the new IFGA World Record Steelhead taken on a flyrod. This is a fish of a lifetime! Yet it was wild! The rules say you may have 1 wild fish. As passionate as Steelheaders are is as passionate as they desire to protect the resource. I never judge! Was I there in his shoes in his mind and knew his thoughts? NO! and even if I was, I still don't think I would want to be apart of what had to be one tough decision...

The man who caught the fish, Englishman Pete, has chronicled this moment on The Big Pull. It is worth reading just to come close to seeing it as he did. It is a decision I wouldn't want to make. Even if I did it would inly be casue only the judgement of one would matter. Marinate.

2 comments:

Pacific Northwest Fly Fishing said...

Hey, love your blog. I added a link to your site from mine (http://pacificnorthwestflyfishing.com. Feel free to reciprocate, if you feel inclined.

Take it easy.

Brian

Shawnice said...

I love the name of your site. We love camping. Not a lot of black people in my area that camp so we though about getting personalized plates for our camper that read "WECAMP2"...LOL.

Labels