Friday, April 11, 2008

DQ "In the Cut!'

Fly Fishing Slang of the Day


DQ pictured here with a couple of big bones caught in the cut!
In the Cut

"In the cut" - A hidden body of water or section of water that you ain't trying to tell anyone about. Even if they know, you still don't want them to talk to you about it, think about it and most importantly, dream about it. They might think of fishing it without you or worst you go to fish it and find them there!!
AKA- Location "X" but that is played out and says " Follow me I got a secret spot!"
Usage - " I was killin them today in the cut !"
When asked "Where were you fishing today" Simply reply "Ohh..Off in the cut!!" and walk away..
Marinate...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People who fish are funny, they all have their favorite spots and they won't share. I've never heard about "In the Cut" before, but I'm going to use it from now on.

Labels